Monday, September 2, 2013

An Ode to My New Table

"An Ode to My New Table"

---or---

"My Eyes Were Bigger Than My Living Room"




Oh beautiful table, where will you go?
Now that I own you, I simply don't know.

A woman online said that you had to go
You were so lovely I couldn't say no
You came with four chairs, a price hard to beat
I answered her post and asked where to meet

I took your legs off, I lugged you inside
But put together you had a surprise

You're a wonderful table of solid hardwood
I was planning to put you where the card table stood

But you're too tall for my windows
Can't fit through my doors
And dragging you around
Is scratching my floors

Oh beautiful table, where will you go?
Now that I own you, I simply don't know.

1 comment:

  1. I have absolutely no spatial reference. I measure EVERYTHING, often twice.
    Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete